Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dream bigger, my dear.

Happy Saturday, friends!

I saw this sign in a window of a cute store on my block, a few weeks ago.


After a few days of looking at this sign that seemed to jump out at me every time I walked past it (which was at least five times a day), I bought it. It's the "my dear" at the end that I love the most because that it is my favorite term of endearment. It is the verbal acknowledgement that someone knows you better than the rest. A sweet sense of intimacy. And maybe, on occasion, offers the tiniest hint of sarcasm.


And here is its home, now. Leaning against a support beam from the 1700s on an entry-way table where I keep everything I need to walk out the door. It's in the perfect place for me to see every time I enter or leave my apartment.

It goes along perfectly with an except from a personal favorite book of mine, The Alchemist.

Whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it’s because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It’s your mission on earth. 

The premise of the book is doing what your heart desires and finding your destiny. Have you read it?

So, friends, as the sign suggests, don't be afraid to dream bigger - on any level or aspect of your life and go after what you want.

Your friend, 
Caroline




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that this finally made it to your home....reminds me of your Grandma...read it everyday!

    ReplyDelete