Friday, March 15, 2013

Luck of the Irish.

Happy Friday, friends.
I hope you have a fun weekend planned. I included a few favorites of mine, from the Emerald Isle or that bring you luck, in honor of the upcoming holiday.

Irish blessing...
May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.

I love this song and this band favorite Irish band. I am partial to The Edge.

Another blessing...
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Have you ever found a four-leaf clover?
decondance.com

One of the best Irish bars in Philadelphia...and the place to be on New Year's Day.

I always make a wish on a wishbone at Thanksgiving and one used to fall at the hollow of my neck, Jennifer Aniston wore this necklace in He's Just Not Into You. The wishbone is a symbol of good luck and also a wish maker. Two people tug on the wishbone, each making a wish. Once the wishbone breaks, the person with the bigger piece will have their wish granted.  
 styleswoon.com  

Irish quote...
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been. The foresight to know where you are going. And the insight to know when you have gone too far.

And finally, from your friend, Caroline.
May you always have the luck you need this weekend and each day of the year. And I hope that you always have your loved ones near.

Now, please go and enjoy your Guinness or your green beer.

xo,
Caroline

1 comment:

  1. When I was a majorette (all those years ago) and we had band camp at the end of the summer...we would always look for 4 leaf clovers on the football field. I was always lucky to find at least one a year. And my mother always said; "there is no point in being Irish if you don't have the luck!"! Remember that!

    ReplyDelete