Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Grey Space.

Grey (British English): is the color between black and white.

It's also so much more than a color.

It's basic yet contemporary.

It's safe yet detached.

It's bold.

It's confusing.

It's the time before a decision is made.

It's the time spent waiting for an answer.

It's the anticipation before a kiss.

It's the moment before you hear big news.

It's the ellipsis of life...and in the grey space, life is beautiful.

There's a lot of grey in my life.

I've painted with it (Sherwin Williams ponder and sensuous grey).

I'm sitting on a grey tufted couch.

In a room with a light grey walls.

My favorite UGGs are grey. (I keep buying the same style. I'm consistent, if nothing else.)

If you stop and look around, there is a lot of grey in the world, too.

On a rainy day, the sky is grey. But that's when you catch a rainbow.

Which is the why I love the grey space I'm in right now...on a few fronts.

I'm learning to sit with the grey space which is where (I'm finding) the magic happens.

You learn who you are.

You learn who's in your corner...or who's not.

Your next step becomes clear.

Your answers are revealed.

Your life presents new opportunities for you.

And once I learned to sit with the bold, calming, strange, disorienting grey space...a rainbow appeared.

So, if you're sitting in the grey, I hope you know a rainbow is on its way.

Maybe even with pot of gold at the end of it.

xoxo,
Your friend, Caroline













1 comment: