Saturday, February 16, 2013

Plans tonight?

Hi friends,
A rock star friend of mine, Derek Bishop, will be playing in Philadelphia this evening at JR's Bar in South Philly.


Tonight's show at JR's Bar will be atypical of the typical bands they book because the four bands playing this evening are mostly acoustic, alternative country bands. The musicians are not punk rockers. In fact, this evening, I've been promised ukeleles and accordions. Tonight, Derek's music includes a few acoustic piano songs and a bunch of very catchy piano-pop tunes (think Ben Folds or a gay Billy Joel).

Listen to some tunes:
Derek's "The Last Word" (you can have it, I don't want it).

A sampling of songs from Paisley Fields (and I kinda love their name).
 
The deets
There is a $5 cover at the door and the bar only has, apparently, cheap bottled beers. 
Heads up, friends, JR's is a cash-only establishment. 

I'm heading over around 8 tonight.  This makes my third night out in South Philly in six days following Will and American Sardine Bar - that may have the best haloumi sandwich, I've ever had. Details to come on this night.

I hope to see some friends there and make a few new ones. 

xo, 
Your friend, 
Caroline

P.S. If you're going to make a night of it in South Philly, I recommend these nearby places.
ASB

2 comments:

  1. Wish I was in town to go with you...sounds like a very fun place....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I couldn't make it out. . . but mani/pedis were fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete