Friday, May 3, 2013

Margaritas and Mint Juleps.

Happy weekend, friends.

With two big events occurring this weekend, and gorgeous weather in the forecast, it's bound to be a fun weekend.

First, there is the Kentucky Derby, Saturday. I confess that my friend, Bill, offered me an extra ticket to the Derby. I'm sad this news reached me late Friday afternoon and I will not be drinking a mint julep at Churchill Downs, but I can say with all certainly that I will be drinking a mint julep, somewhere, Saturday.

www.bunkycooks.com
  
And then there is Cinco de Mayo on Sunday. If you're out in Philadelphia, here are a few events that will most likely be a great time.

El Vez and all of 13th Street will be hosting a block party starting at noon with pop-up tands of tacos and drinks. If you go to El Vez, try the Granada margarita.

There is the always-amazing Dos Segundos in Northern Liberties (and sister restaurant, the Cantina in South Philadelphia) where you cannot go wrong with a blood orange margarita (on the rocks, with a sugar rim, please).

There is the East Passyunk Cinco de Mayo festival, too.

I wonder if Loco Pez is having a Cinco de Mayo event? If they do, it will be a hilarious time. If you go, bring cash.

To all of my friends running the Broad Street run on Sunday, I hope you run well and more importantly, rehydrate with a Dos Equis or a margarita. I'll be out cheering for you around Broad and Walnut, so look for me.

Busy weekend for sure! I just need to find a silver cup and a margarita glass.

Cheers!
Your friend, Caroline
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment